Ever wish a fairy would Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo your backyard into a celebration destination? Well good news – no fairy god mother needed just a little bit of your own creativity and some space for the magic to happen. The key is make it fun and easy for your guests to eat, drink and socialize comfortably and safely.
Climate/Weather – keep your guest cool and comfortable. Tents, umbrellas, misting fans are great options and cost effective if rented.
Seating – create various seating areas throughout party space. This allows guest to spread apart and still feel comfortable. Mix some high top tables/chairs with some more lounge style furniture to create height variations. The goal is not too have everyone sitting on top of each but still maintain a level of intimacy.
Eating – a good party is all about the food and drinks. Make them the center of the party while still being safe!
- Keep everyone’s hands out of the snack bowls! Concession items are a great additional to any party and all ages love them. Ice cream carts and popcorn carts are top on our list.
- Drinks – keep them flowing in style with a frozen drink machine. You can also create a signature drink and place in beverage servers for easy pouring and germ protection.
- Create buffet areas that include various platters, bowls and stands and mix and match the colors and materials. Instead of putting salads and sides in big bowls for everyone to scoop out of create individual plates/bowls (and cover) for guests to grab and go. Little more work on your end but it will go very far with your guests ability to enjoy themselves.
Ambiance – Sting lights and lanterns are cost effective and easy to put up.
- Wrap them around trees to create
- Put some sticks in ground and hang from top to highlight different party areas
- If you have a gazebo or wall, have them cascade down the side
For More backyard party ideas contact a Party Line event specialists at 914-592-1200 or stop by our new showroom and design center located at 1 Nepperhan Ave. Elmsford, NY.